Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Two Wheelers..!!!

My tuitions got better after meeting Nikhil. After tat day(my 1st tuition day when i made frnds wit nikhil), i was very eager to get to the weekends cos i'd chemistry tuitions only on weekends. And besides, the teacher was really really a gr8 tutor. He found alot of ways to make chemistry more interesting. He'd always find some easier way to make it fun to learn the subject. I'd say tat he's the sole reason for me passing chemistry in my boards. Before going for this tuition, i simply hated chemistry. All the equations n formulaes were more than i could handle. My marks started getting better for chemistry at school after all the tuitions. I'd actually started to like the subject. And then one day at tuitions, i asked Nikhil to let me ride his kinetic. Then he told me tat he wasn't sure if could do it. So he didnt let me. Tat day, i was very mad at him for not letting me ride his kinetic. I didnt show any signs to him tat i was angry at him. The next day at tuitions, we all were asked to bring calculators. A boy in our class who lived near to the tuition centre had forgotten to bring his piece. So sir asked him to go n get it or he wouldnt let him in tat day's class. He asked Nikhil for his kinetic to go get his calculator n he gave it to him with no hesitations of any sorts. I was more annoyed about this than before. Why wouldnt he let me ride it...?? I abused him as harshly as i could in my mind. After the class i asked him about why he didnt let me ride n let tat guy ride it. He then simply said tat he'd to hurry back home. So he just said bye n left. The whole week went by n i decided never to ask him to let me ride it again. But on the morning of the next class, i saw his kinetic parked outside as i reached the class. And i felt it kinda make fun of me by showing weird gestures tat i alone could see. I decided to let go of my ego and asked him again to let me ride his ride after class got over. To my surprise he simply gave me the keys n said go ahead. My eyes lit up. Oh boy..!!! I looked at the ride n said to it telepathically, "Look who's gonna ride u now, big guy." and so i pushed it out to the road. Then i pressed the START button. It didnt fire. I told him tat i wasnt gettin started. He showed me the way it was done. By then he had a weird look in his eyes. Obvious cos i didnt know to ride his baby. Then i tried n the engine roared to life. The excitement was unrelenting. I was gonna ride a two wheeler for the first time. Hurray to me. I rode it for a short distance when i realised my handle balance was really poor. Before riding it, i'd only rode a bicycle in the 2 wheeler category. Tat was way too easy cos it ws very much lighter than this one. Nikhil saw me riding his ride twitching the handle very randomly. He came running from behind and told me tat he'll give it to me another day for a longer ride. After tat, he said bye and left. Again in my mind he was cool. (Ofcourse he let it to me a number of times after tat. I'd improved by riding with practice.) He later told me tat wen the first time i asked him to give his ride to me, his mom was waiting for him to return home to take the kinetic n go to the temple. I forgave him in my mind. Now in my present life, i own a Honda Unicorn. And i wont let anyone who dunno riding to even touch it. But then again, reminiscing about your childhood always leaves u with a smile on ur face. Now thinking about my eagerness to ride Nikhil's kinetic, him not giving it to me and ofcourse my abusing him in my mind, all these are memories i treasure.(Those were the days.... sigh) After all there are many people in the world who dont even get to ride a bicycle in their +2 schooling time. I'm Lucky again to have done tat then. I owe this achievement to u Nix(a.k.a Nikhil)... U're the Best..!!

4 comments:

  1. Y dint i hear of this story before??? And how is it that u remember so much??? I dont remember a thing... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess ur memory is real poor dude..!! But i ain't makin things up just for the story..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhaha.....I thot this story was about Nikhil Harindranath.,...I din know it was some other Nix....hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavan thannedai ivan... Annu oru eli, ippol puli. ;)

    ReplyDelete